The USSA program provides athletes with a strong ski foundation to help them reach their highest potential. The program includes a balance of free skiing, skills development, and gate training. We build a strong foundation with these athletes, help them to find their speed throughout the season, and teach them how to perform at high levels of competition. Athletes will have the opportunity to train multiple disciplines (SL, GS and SG primarily) throughout the season all led by a strong coaching staff.
- Includes a minimum of three on snow sessions per week starting in December and ending in March (start & end dates dependent on snow/training availability).
- Training will take place Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6-8:30PM at Tyrol Basin. Wednesday evenings from 5:30-8:00PM. Free skiing warm-up is encouraged prior to practice for 20-30 minutes each evening.
- General structure of training evenings: dynamic warm-up, drill of the night, progression drill course followed by gate time.
- A high level of support from a professional experienced coaching staff. All coaches are registered USSA (United States Ski Association) coaches that have been background checked and are continually seeking education to improve their coaching skills.
- A low athlete to coach ratio at training and races.
- Video analysis throughout the season.
- Timed training runs throughout the season.
- Goal setting assistance and individual track planning available in both fall and spring.
- Eight session comprehensive dryland training program.
- Coaching at Tyrol (12/26-12/28) & Mt. La Crosse (12/29-12/31) holiday camps are both included with the programs.
- Includes coaching at all early season training camps (Wild Mountain and/or Brule).
- Additional training opportunities during the season will be announced when available.
- Includes coaching at all USSA races as outlined in the Mad Alpine calendar. Athletes in the group are also welcome to attend and will receive coaching at any WJR race. If your athlete plans to participate in WJR races please let us know at the September planning meetings so that they are added to the roster.
- U14 and U16 USSA athletes have the opportunity to qualify for the Rocky Central Junior Championship events held in Colorado each March. These are high caliber events that bring the top athletes together across our entire division to race head to head. It is truly an experience of a lifetime for those that qualify. Please note that additional fees will apply for coaching at Junior Championship events.
- Additional fees may apply for coaching at events outside of the central division; please let your coach know if you are interested in other events a minimum of 35 days in advance of the event start date.
- Program Fee: $1200